Southlake

Southlake is a city located predominantly in Tarrant County with minor areas extending into Denton County in the U.S. state of Texas. Southlake is a suburb of Dallas/Fort Worth. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 26,575.

The Southlake area was settled in the 1840s, but was not incorporated as Southlake until 1956, four years after the construction of Grapevine Lake was completed. Before incorporation, the settlements of Whites Chapel, Dove, Union Church and Jellico made up present day Southlake. The area remained rural until the completion of the DFW International Airport in the 1970s. Due to the close proximity to the airport, Southlake became a boom-burb throughout the 1980s, 1990s and 2000s.

As of 2019, the estimated population was roughly 31,000.



Amenities:

Shopping Centers:

  • Southlake Town Square
  • The Shops of Southlake
  • Grapevine Mills Mall 

 Other:

  • Southlake Parks and Facilities
  • Youth and adult sports
  • Public library
  • Timarron Country Club 

 Schools:

  • Carroll Senior High School
    • Home of the 8-time state champion football team
    • Carrol Middle and Elementary School
    • Robert H. Rockenbaugh Elementary School

 Academic Performance:

  • Overall API: 96.3
    • Carroll ISD: 100
    • Keller ISD: 75.3
    • Northwest ISD: 69.6

 Notable Employers:

  • Sabre Zippia
  • Orion Financial Group
  • Emerge Energy Service

 Housing Information:

  • Median value of single-family homes: $676,900
  • Median rent: $1,367
    • 6% of the Southlake population rents their homes, while the other 94% owns their homes. 
    • Roughly 79% of Southlake housing units have been built in the past 25 years
      • Approximately 3% of the residences are > 50 years old 
      • About 5% of houses have been constructed after 2014
      • Median household income: $240,248 
      • Property tax range: 2.19%-2.59% of tax appraisal value 
      • Crime incidence rate: 12.4 per 1000 residents 

 Commutes:

  • Approximately 10 miles (14 minutes) from central Southlake to DFW International Airport Passenger Terminals 
  • 26 miles (30 minutes) to downtown Dallas
  • 25 miles (37 minutes) to downtown Fort Worth 
  • 23 miles (28 minutes) to the North Dallas Business Center
Matt Braun
Realtor®

COMPASS

TX License Number: 754454
Phone:
Address:
6801 Gaylord Parkway, Suite 110
Frisco, TX 75034
Social: